How to Sign Up for DoorDash? How to Open DoorDash account?
If you want to make an account as a customer or want to work as a Dasher at DoorDash, you just have to follow a simple process.
How to Open DoorDash Account for Customers
Customers can open their accounts through the DoorDash application or from your desktop computer. Here’s what you need to do in both cases.
- Step 1: You would be asked whether you want to sign in or sign up for DoorDash once you open the DoorDash app or official page. Choose the Sign Up option.
- Step 2: You would be asked to add in your details such as your first and last name, your email ID, and your phone number.
- Step 3: Add your password and voila! You can now start ordering as a DoorDash customer.
How to Sign Up for DoorDash Delivery Driver? How to Open DoorDash Account for Dashers
Dashers can easily open their account and start dashing. But they need to follow certain rules.
- Step 1: Visit the official site to open your Dasher account.
- Step 2: You would be required to give your number, email, and location or zip code.
- Step 3: After entering these details, you would have to agree to a background check. Your background check should include the following things:
- Vehicle type. Whether you are using a car, motorcycle, or van.
- You would have to fill in your Driver’s license state and driver’s license number.
- You would also have to add your date of birth
- Add in your social security number.
- You would come across a Background Check Disclosure. That is checked thoroughly by the company Checkr who checks your background and provides a report. The background check would also include a law enforcement clearance, global watchlist search, and a national search.
- Step 4: You would then have to apply for your Activation Kit. You can choose whether you want it to be shipped to you or if you want to pick it up. If you want it to be shipped to you, you would need to give your
- Street Number
- Zip Code or Postal Code
- Step 5: You need to submit a W9 form through DocuSign. You would have to give the site access to your computer for this.
Download the Dasher app and that is it. Your DoorDash account as a Dasher has been made and you can start delivering orders.
Want to work as a DoorDash Driver? Here are some steps you need to follow if you want to apply as a DoorDash driver.
- Step 1: First of all you need to visit the official site of DoorDash. That is where you will be able to sign up for your Dasher account.
- Step 2: You would be asked to give in your name, email address, and location. Adding your postal code is also very important.
- Step 3: It is important and essential that you agree to a background check. Here are the details you need to fill in before your background information is scanned through the company Checkr.
- Your vehicle type. Specify whether it is a car, bicycle, or motorbike.
- Type in your driver’s license state.
- Add your driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Social security number.
After this, your background check would be in session. Once the scan is complete a report with your name and details would be posted.
It would also include a check on if there are documented felonies or criminal records.
The background scan would also cover national search, global watch list, and law enforcement clearance.
- Step 4: You would need to, then, apply for your Activation Kit. You can pick it up on your own or have it shipped to your home. If you choose the shipping option, you need to add the following details:
- Street number
- Postal code or zip code
- Step 5: Now you just need to submit your W9 form. You would have to give the site access to your computer and sign with DocuSign.
Before you request your Activation Kit, you would be informed if your background check has been a success or not.
If there are any documented felonies under your name, you would be rejected. But if you are in the clear, you would move onto the Activation Kit section.
Other than this, you need to also keep in mind that you fulfill these requirements.
- Be at least 18 or older.
- Have a form of transportation such as; a car, van, or bike.
- Driver’s license number.
- Social security number.
Once done and dusted with these basic requirements, you are good to go.
Also read: How to Become a DoorDash Driver?
How Long Does it Take to Get Approved for DoorDash Driver?
3 to 5 days. That is how long it takes. If you have applied to work as a DoorDash driver and are wondering how long the confirmation process would take, then you will not have to wait long.
It takes almost 3 to 5 days for the application to get approved. But keep in mind that the application is only approved if you pass the background check.
We’ve written an article on how much DoorDashers make, check it out.
How to Become a DoorDash Driver?
Want to become a DoorDash driver? Here is what you need to do.
- Step 1: You need to sign up for your Dasher account. You can do so by visiting the official site of DoorDash.
- Step 2: Add in your details. This includes your name, email address, and location. You also need to add your postal or zip code.
- Step 3: You would be asked for and have to agree to a background check.
- Step 4: Then, you have to apply for your Activation Kit.
- Step 5: The last step requires you to submit a W9 form.
But before you apply for your DoorDash driver application, you need to fulfill these requirements. Only then will you be able to become a Dasher.
- Be 18 or older
- Have a registered vehicle in your name and possession
- Your driver’s license number
- Your social security number
- Consent to and pass the background scan.
How to Use DoorDash Driver App?
If you are a new Dasher, here is what you need to do and how you can operate the DoorDash driver app.
- Step 1: Download the Dasher app onto your iOS or Android phone and complete the sign-in process.
- A map of the area would appear on the screen. The areas would be colored either grey or red. Grey colored-area means that there are not many orders whereas red means, high activity.
- Step 2: On the top, if the Dasher app says Dash Now, then you would be located in areas that are marked red.
- Step 3: You can choose where you want to deliver in the red marked areas.
- You might see the bonus income on the screen. That depends on the location.
- Step 4: Once you pick the area you want to deliver, you will select an end time.
- Step 5: After finalizing the end time, you would receive a checklist. The checklist includes whether or not you have enough gas, your phone is charged, if you have your Red Card, and if your Hot Bag and space blanket is also with you. These are necessities you need to tick.
- Step 6: Once you receive an order, you would get a notification from the app. The order would include the subtotal and total miles. Tap on the accept order button.
- Step 7: Click on a route to connect with your GPS app and navigate your way through the area.
- Step 8: The moment you arrive at the restaurant, follow the Slide after the arrival prompt. You would see a checklist of the order
- Step 9: If you are paying with your card, then you would come across a red card with your delight number. Pay with the card and collect the receipt.
- Step 10: Pick your items? Now check the boxes if you have picked the items that were requested.
- Step 11: Slide the Pickup option once the order is picked up and you will see the customer’s address.
- Step 12: Drop the order at the customer’s location and follow the slide after the delivery prompt.
You can also schedule orders by clicking on the Menu button and tapping the Schedule button.
You get a chance to choose the time and location for when you can Dash. If the item that the customer ordered is not available, you can ask the restaurant for an alternative.
Contact the customer by clicking on the text or call icon and ask for their preference. Led the restaurant know and order accordingly.
How to Take Orders on DoorDash?
Taking orders of DoorDash for delivery drivers is extremely easy and a piece of cake. Here are some basic steps you need to follow.
- Step 1: Once you have completed the sign up process and downloaded the app, the system would start to locate pending orders.
- Step 2: You will be notified the moment an order is ready. The details of the delivery would also come on the screen.
- Step 3: In a span of 45 seconds, you would have to choose whether or not you accept the order.
- Step 4: If you accept the order, the route to the store or restaurant would also be presented.
- Step 5: Choose a GPS app to guide and start your delivery.
Also read: How to Open and Use Instacart Account
How to Use DoorDash Fast Pay?
Fast Pay is a great way for Dashers’ to transfer their total amount from their account to their bank account.
The process is pretty simple too!
- Step 1: Open the Dasher app on your phone and click on the Menu button
- Step 2: You would come across various options. Choose the Earnings
- Step 3: The screen would show your current earnings and other details. You would have to tap on the bank icon.
- Step 4: If your Fast Pay is set up, you need to click on the option that says Use Fast Pay
- Step 5: On the screen you would see your available or current amount for Fast Pay, your Fast Pay fee, and the amount that would be transferred. Tap on Transfer.
- Step 6: You will receive an email notifying the transfer request and that is it!
When you use Fast Pay, you need to keep in mind that $1.99 is the Fast Pay Fee.
Moreover, you can also transfer through Fast Pay once a day.
How to Quit DoorDash Driver?
No longer want to work as a DoorDash driver and want to quit? Here is what you need to know.
- First of all, if you have any scheduled shifts planned out on your Dasher app, remove them.
- After you have deleted or removed the scheduled shifts, contact DoorDash Support.
- Inform them of your decision and they would start the process of deactivating your account.
- Include your email address and number that is linked with your Dasher account.
- Your information would be removed and that is it!
Just a precaution; do transfer all your funds!
How to delete DoorDash account?
If you no longer want to work as a DoorDash driver and want to quit, then you have to delete or deactivate your account too. It is a very easy process.
- First, you need to remove any scheduled shifts under your name from the Dasher app.
- All scheduled shifts removed? Now, you need to contact DoorDash Support.
- After they receive information related to your account deletion, they will start the process of removing it.
- Your information would be removed once all personal information is deleted.
- Delete the Dasher app from your phone.
- Because your get notified via texts as well, you just have to reply with STOP.
- To not get notified via email either, click on the unsubscribe button.
Image credit: ttnews.com, businessinsider.com, supermarketnews.com, eater.com