What are Helium balloons?
Helium balloons, in simple terms, are balloons filled with Helium. Instead of being filled with oxygen, Helium is used to make sure that the balloon floats.
Why does the Helium balloon float and not the oxygen gas one? Let us dive into some chemistry.
Helium is a noble gas. That means it has a full outer electron shell. It does need to share or give or take any sort of electron. Helium is six times lighter in weight than oxygen which is why Helium floats in the air.
Where are Helium balloons mostly seen and used?
Usually, Helium balloons are seen in outdoor weddings, office events, parties, and especially on birthdays. No birthday is complete without some Helium balloons. They are used to decorate the whole room or house and to give it a celebratory feel.
They come in different colors and sizes and can even be used to complement a theme.
Where can I buy Helium balloons from?
You can find simple balloons from any general store or you can buy them ready-made from party-related stores.
Stores like Target, Walmart, and Costco would have them in their online stores as well. You can buy it from the actual store by going to the party section or the stationary item section. And you can also buy it from their online store.
All you need to do is search it up. After that, you can call in a person to help you fill in the balloons with Helium.
Another place you can get Helium balloons is from those pages and stores that sell proper read-made Helium balloons. These are ready to be picked up and used.
Click here to find out the helium balloons available on Amazon.
Also read: Does Kroger Accept Apple Pay?
What types of Helium balloons are there?
There are many different types of Helium balloons that people love to use all over the world for their special events.
- Heart-shaped Helium balloons: These are in great demand and can be used during Valentine’s days. The colors that people usually like to choose for this type of Helium balloon are red, white, or pink. And that is because it complements the shape of the balloon.
- The typical round Helium balloon: Round balloons are the most common types of balloons that are usually used by everyone. That is because they are usually cheaper and more easily available.
- Customized balloons: Some party-oriented stores make customized balloons. You can write the name of the birthday girl or the organization that is planning an office event.
- Character Helium balloons:Character Helium balloons mean that you can have a cartoon character as a balloon. It is a great source of use for parties and birthdays.
Also read: Where Can I Buy Aluminum Free Baking Powder?
What are the safety precautions of Helium balloons?
- You need to keep a Helium balloon cylinder away from the young members. Young members of the family should not be allowed to use it to fill in balloons. An adult should always be present to help them out. Helium balloons come in cylinders that are made from steel and have nozzles that anyone can easily turn on. Though it is inflammable, long exposure to it can cause a lot of nausea.
- You need to make sure that you store Helium balloon cylinders in a safe place. Placing it near any salt content can be hazardous. If placed under the sun, it can also add issues. And it should not be placed in areas where the chances of it tipping over is high.
These are some of the precautions that you need to take care of. It can help in making sure that you are able to enjoy your time. We all know that Helium balloons are amazing and fun to use. The aftermath of a party lights up when someone uses Helium and makes funny voices.
Our readers also read: Top 5 Food Delivery Services that Accept Cash