Different stores and supermarkets have sectioned this product differently in accordance with the customer requirement as well different marketing purposes of various companies. The best place to look for it would be the health aisle where supplements and other natural oils are present if it is to be taken for supplemental purposes. Keep in mind that castor oil ingestion should be avoided during pregnancy due to the role it plays in labor induction. If you are looking for castor oil for cosmetic purposes then your best shot would be to look in the cosmetics aisle where serums and face, body, and hair oils are present.
There are two main types of Casor oils when it comes to their use as a cosmetic product. Namely Jamaican Castor Oil and Regular Castor Oil. The main difference lies in the processing method. Regular castor oil is cold-pressed. That means it is extracted directly from the seed without the use of any heating thus it retains its original yellow color. Whereas Jamaican Castor Oil is prepared by roasting the bean and then extracting the oil from the roasted bean thus the black color of the oil.
Why Castor oil is good?
Castor oil has become an essential item in every household whether for its innumerable health benefits or its raging popularity in the cosmetics industry. Its popularity is not misguided due to its multipurpose use. People love to use it for its health and wellness purposes due to the role it plays as a natural laxative, its anti-inflammatory properties. Its increasing usage in Ayurvedic medicine is due to its role as a detox. Its use for cosmetic purposes dates back to the Egyptian era, where women used it for hair growth as well as for the purposes of eyelash growth. Nowadays many brands have incorporated this holy grail of ingredient into their shampoos, conditioners, as well as moisturizers due to its anti-aging, and emulsion properties.
Read more: Where to Find Yeast in Grocery Store?
Where to find castor oil in Walmart?
Walmart is a giant retailer in the United States with multiple outlets present all over the country. However, walking directly into a Walmart outlet without knowing where your desired product Is, can create quite a lot of confusion as well as it may end up wasting your time. Castor oil can easily be found in the cosmetics aisle. The supplements will be available in the health aisle otherwise.
Multiple brands are present at Walmart for retail.
Below are some good Castor oil brands for cosmetic purposes:
- Adorable – 100% Pure Castor Oil Organic Cold Pressed Natural Hair Skin
- Sunny Isle, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Growth for Eyebrow, Eyelashes, & Hair
- Castor Oil (4 OZ) USDA Organic 100% Pure Cold-Pressed Hexane-free for Hair
Growth, Eyelashes, Eyebrows and Skin by Joyal Beauty
- Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil with Rosemary – Aromatherapy
Health Aisle: Aromatherapy and multivitamin supplements:
- Heritage Store Castor Oil 725 mg | Healthy Intestinal Balance & Digestion Support
- NOW Foods – Castor Oil 650 mg.
- Humco, Castor Oil, Natural Laxative
- Home Health Castor Oil
- Typical aisle(s): B7, G7, G14, G19, G27, H15
If you still have difficulty finding castor oil, it would be best to approach a sales person nearby and ask for help. They will surely guide you in the right direction.
Where to find castor oil in Target?
Target outlets have opened up almost everywhere. It has become a common household name for household and grocery shopping. Castor oil is easily available at Target, look at the health section near the OTC Supplements as well as in the cosmetics department under hair oils. It may be available in the following aisles: A7, A12, A14, A35. Target offers a multitude of brands that customers can choose from according to their needs.
Beauty and Cosmetics Department:
- Heritage Store Castor Oil – 2 fl oz
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Anti-Breakage Spray – 8 fl oz
- Hollywood Beauty Jamaican Black Castor Hair Oil
- Difeel Castor Hair Oil – 2.5 fl oz
- SheaMoisture Styling Lotion for Damaged Natural Hair Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Read more: Where to Find Quinoa in Grocery Store?
Where to find castor oil in CVS?
CVS stores and pharmacies are stocked with all types of household and beauty products. If you’re in need of castor oil you could easily run to your nearest CVS branch and look for it in the following sections: cosmetics department and health department. If you’re looking for a supplement version, you could also ask the pharmacists available for their help. CVS also sells castor oil under its trademark ‘CVS’ among other companies. Both normal and Jamaican castor oil can be found in CVS.
- CVS Health Castor Oil
- CVS Health Castor Oil Stimulant Laxative
- CVS Jamaican Mango & Lime Black Castor Oil
- Sky Organics Organic Castor Oil Eyelash S
- Castor Oil For Eyebrows CVS
Where to find Castor Oil in Walgreens?
Castor oil can be found in the health or cosmetics section of your local Walgreens branch. You can find different brands available at Walgreens in both departments. You could select one which best fits your needs. Discounts are also available either in the form of sales or coupons in the Sunday ad.
Beauty and Cosmetics:
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil With Vitamins A, D, E
- SheaMoisture – 100% Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- De La Cruz Castor Oil
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil Peppermint
- Sunny Isle Black Castor Oil Lavender
Medicine and Treatment:
- Walgreens Castor Oil USP
This castor oil enlists following health benefits
- For relief of occasional constipation
- Produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
- Walgreen pharmacist recommended
If you need further assistance in finding castor oil, ask any employee around. They will happily guide you in the right direction.
More to read: Where to Find Gnocchi in Grocery Store?
Where is castor oil found in Meijer?
Walking into a large superstore like Meijer without knowing where to look for the product you need may seem like quite a daunting procedure to some. Don’t worry we are here to help you out. Castor oil is sections according to its usage in Meijer. If its for cosmetic purposes then it will be in the aisle where self-care products such as shampoos and oils are stored. If you’re looking for supplemental health care purposes then it would be in the healthcare products aisle along with other supplements. Here are some popular brands sold in Meijer.
- Meijer Castor Oil
- NOW Solutions Castor Oil
- Kuza Naturals – Jamaican Black Castor Oil Original
- Sunny Isle Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil
- Meijer Castor Oil – Lubricant Laxative – Mineral Oil U.S.P.
- SheaMoisture Hair Care Jamaican Black Castor Oil – Deep conditioning mask for damaged brittle and chemically treated hair.
Where to find castor oil in Kroger?
Kroger is the second most popular supermarket in the United States. They do have a whole range of Castor oil brands which customers could select from. Castor oil is located in healthcare and cosmetic aisles depending on what purpose you would be using it for. Kroger also has a wide array of brands available though they may differ in each branch. Following are some well-known brands.
- Kroger Castor Oil – USP Stimulant Laxative
- Home Health Castor Oil – Cold Pressed and Cold Processed
- Heritage Store The Palmar Chrristi Black Castor Oil
- Now Castor Oil Supplements 650 mg
- Difeel Premium Castor Oil for Hair
- Kroger – Aura Cacia Castor Oil Skin Care
Read more: What Do Grocery Stores Near Me Have?
Where to find castor oil in Whole Foods?
Albeit, a bit on the pricier side but Whole Foods definitely meets the quality standards when it comes to any products of your need. Same goes for the Castor Oil sold by this superstore. Castor oil can be found in the Body Care Aisle if it is to be used for Cosmetic purposes. Otherwise it will be available in the health aisle for laxative and healthcare uses.
Types of castor oils they keep:
- Pure castor oil
- Organic castor oil
Body Care Aisle:
- Heritage Store – The Palma Christi Castor Oil – 4fl oz/ 32 fl oz.
- Kreyol Essence – Haitian Black Castor Oil (Kreyol Essence is the first company that launches Haitian beauty products like the Haitian Black Castor Oil at the Whole Foods Market. It’s the very first Haitian company that brings Haiti’s best beauty products to the U.S. & Canadian market! Haitian Black Castor Oil aka Lwil Maskriti is called the Liquid Gold of the Caribbean.)
- Home Health Castor Oil – Cold Pressed and 100% Solvent free or Cold Pressed and Cold Processed
- Aromatherapy Carrier Oil, Emollient Castor Oil
Which places do not sell Castor Oil?
Some places do not have any brand of castor oil available so make sure to be wary of them and remove them from your list. These places include both Costco and Sam’s Club.
Best Selling Castor Oil Brands:
For Cosmetic Purposes:
- Pura D’Or Castor Oil.
- Natural Riches Organic Castor Oil.
- Namskara Organic Castor Oil.
- Kate Blanc Cosmetics Castor Oil.
- Mary Tylor Naturals Organic Castor Oil.
- Shiny Leaf Castor Oil.
- RejuveNaturals Organic Castor Oil.