The main issue revolving around haram and halal is regarding the meat. Chicken is not pig’s meat, of course, but at times even the halal chicken is not halal for Muslims.
The concept of meat is fundamental in Islam when it has to do with how the animals are slaughtered.
Domino’s uses chicken for some of its pizza toppings as well as for the wings. That chicken needs to be slaughtered the right way for it to be halal and therefore consumed by Muslims.
Although Domino’s has had high hopes with regard to serving a halal-only menu. For several months, various people became outraged that the previous menu which served pork should be brought back.
When it comes to the chicken and Domino’s in general, the store claims that they do not have any more halal stores and that all their chicken, except the chicken wings, is slaughtered halal.
Domino’s claims that they take animal welfare very seriously and that the chicken is stunned and that none of the other meats are halal.
The concept of stunning the chicken itself is a debate in the Muslim community as to whether that makes the animal halal or not.
This lack of information as well as confusion leads to many Islamic scholars saying that if the chicken is Unable to recover after being stunned, it cannot be considered halal.
This is because there is a small risk of the animal dying from this rather than the throat cut. For the chicken to be halal, the animal needs to die from the throat cut.
Is Domino’s UK chicken halal?
Domino’s in UK serves halal chicken. Since Domino’s sources chicken mostly from its Thailand based supplier whose product is halal certified, I don’t see why you can’t try Domino’s chicken in the UK. However, the risk of contamination is high so if you are a strict follower of Islam, I wouldn’t recommend you take the risk.
Domino’s had claimed that they get their chicken sourced from a Thailand based halal certified supplier. Since the chicken they get are slaughtered in a halal way, you may consume Domino’s Tandoori chicken.
However like I said, as the chance of contamination with pork is high, the idea of the chicken staying halal is debatable. So if you are a strict follower, it may not be a very good idea to try Domino’s Tandoori chicken.
- Is Hei Sushi Halal? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Is Gelatin Halal or Haram? This is Why Gelatin May Not be Halal
- Is Domino’s Pizza Halal? Yes and No, Here’s Why
- Is Chicken Halal? May be, This is Why
- Is KFC Halal or Haram? Yes and No, Here’s Why
- Is Nando’s Halal? Yes and No, Here’s Why
- Is Domino’s Halal?
- Does Starbucks Have Cream Cheese?
- Does Dollar General Have Cream Cheese?
- Does Dollar General Have Buttermilk?
- What Time Does Target Open?
- What Time Does Costco Open?
- What Time Does Walmart Open?
- What Aisle is Puff Pastry in Tesco?
- Is Popeyes Signature Chicken Boneless?