If you have a lost or damaged receipt, your best bet is to contact the store that gave you the original receipt and ask if it can re-issue it for you.
If you paid with a credit card, make sure to check back through your credit or bank statements to see if the transaction was made with a copy of the original receipt.
However, this method only works if you used a credit or debit card and the transaction was made with a check.
If you’re not able to prove that you bought an item, but still want to return it, you can still get a store credit. This is because most stores will not give you cash for returned items, but they will allow you to purchase another product of equal or lesser value.
Although it’s not always possible for companies to keep copies of all their receipts, losing one isn’t considered an emergency.
If you can’t find one, try going to the place where you made the purchase and asking for a reprint.
However, many establishments are hesitant to do this as it can be very time-consuming and complicated task for them. Before you ask for a reprint, make sure that all of the details about your purchase are included in the document.
This will help the company with the information it needs to find you. Also, keep in mind the amount of money that was taken and the name of the person who took it.
Tesco has the policy of reprinting receipts provided that the purchase was made within 21 to 30 days, and the order was placed using either a debit or credit card or the Tesco Clubcard.
However, be sure to contact the store for further options upon losing any receipt.
- Can You Get a Receipt Reprinted from Best Buy?
- Can Anyone Get Food from a Food Bank?
- Can You Use EBT for Walmart Pickup?
- Can You Get Cash Back at Stater Bros?
- How Much Cash Back Can You Get at Big Y?
- Does Kroger Charge for Curbside Pickup?
- Does Target Charge for Curbside Pickup?
- Does Wegmans Charge for Curbside Pickup?
- Does Aldi Charge for Curbside Pickup?
- Why Does Walmart Scan Your Receipt?
- Can You Use Gift Cards With Delivery Services?